Silkon Plus™ Brackets
Certain plastics may be strengthened by the addition of a filler. American Orthodontics, through extensive testing, has formulated a plastic/filler combination that increases the strength of Silkon Plus brackets by 30%. Silkon Plus brackets are injection molded and feature a reliable mechanical lock base. Silkon Plus offers a unique cosmetic bracket value with superior strength and arch wire slot stability.
- Particle mechanical lock for superior bond strength; no need for Silane or special adhesive
- Non-porous surface for improved friction control and sliding mechanics
- Smooth, stain resistant surface means better patient acceptance
- Plastic material does not promote enamel abrasion
- Hooks available on cuspids and bicuspids
Optional hooks on the cuspids and bicuspids.
Comfortably smooth contours.
Generous tie wing undercuts for easy ligation.
Mechanical lock base bonds with all types of adhesive.
Reinforced slot adds 15% increase in torque strength.
Long fiber technology increases tensile strength 42% at the tie wings.
Mechanical lock bonding base does not require silane or special adhesive.
Texas A&M Student Dr. Amanda Gross Wins 2021 Eugene L. Gottlieb JCO Student of the Year Award, Presented by American Orthodontics
The Journal of Clinical Orthodontics is proud to name Dr. Amanda Gross from Texas A&M University as the winner of the 2021 Eugene L. Gottlieb . . .Read More
American Orthodontics is proud to be the winner of five 2020 Orthotown Townie Choice Awards, highlighted by again winning the Metal Twin . . .Read More